Are you among those who fancy a barbeque while relaxing in your backyard over the weekend? If so, then it is highly likely that you normally use a grill to roast your meat and give it that sizzling and savory taste. Grills have been in use for as long as human beings started cooking meat. However, the newest entrants into the market are infrared grills. You'll learn more about infrared grills pros and cons in this article.
Technology has reshaped the world a great deal. One of the inventions that have gained momentum over the years is infrared grills, which have gained wide usage in cooking. They work by placing an infrared element between cooking grates and a flame. In so doing, there is even distribution of heat, which in turn speeds up cooking.
Although infrared cooking grills are a lifesaver in the modern age, they also come with their fair share of pros and cons. Some of the advantages and disadvantages of the grills are highlighted below:
Top 5 Pros of Infrared Cooking Grills
- Less heating time- traditional racks take ages to heat up and gain sufficient heat that's needed to cook. Conversely, infrared grills utilize modern technology and heat much faster than the traditional ones, which in turn reduce cooking time.
- They are energy efficient- the nearby efficiency in cooking grills emanate from the fact that they require fewer ignitions to light up and sustain heating. Since the infrared elements also aid in increasing the heat, you end up using less fuel as compared to charcoal or gas grills.
- Options for regulating temperature- infrared cooking grills are built with more advanced features compared to traditional racks. You can raise the heat up to 700 Fahrenheit depending on what you're cooking. Such an advanced feature facilitates efficient and faster cooking.
- Standardized heating surface- the infrared element that is sandwiched between the flame and the grates provides an even cooking temperature. In retrospect, you'll be able to cook your food to perfection seamlessly due to the heat uniformity.
- It makes foods tastier- you'll enjoy tastier food by using infrared grills because of the less time required for preheating the grill. The less time facilitates the retention of the food's fluid content and its nutrients as well.
>> Related Content: Electric Grills
Cons of Infrared Grilling
- Health risks- the high temperature used in infrared grills may pose a health challenge to you. You run a risk of burning your food due to the underlying high temperatures the grill produces. Burnt food is carcinogenic and may cause cancer.
- Decreased portability- infrared grills come with additional features hence reducing their portability. Despite the launch of portable infrared grills recently, they are not appropriate for use at parties and in outdoor spaces.
- Less temperature setting option- the inability of the grills to incorporate low-temperature adjustment knob is appalling. It makes them unsuitable for cooking light foods such as vegetables or fish because of the high heat intensity.
>> Related Content: Best Infrared Grills
The above-mentioned infrared grills pros and cons will put you in a better position to decide whether you still want to make use of infrared cooking grills. However, with the right precautions, you can enjoy this incredible technology and prepare mouthwatering wholesome meals.